Operators and manufacturers of lifts, escalators and moving walkways need to satisfy a wide range of regulations, standards and international directives. To ensure the wellbeing and comfort of passengers, your organisation also needs to consider issues of servicing, maintenance, operational availability, quality and safety, balanced with the need to control costs and remain energy-efficient.
However, in today’s talent market, it can be difficult for businesses to find and retain the in-house expertise necessary to optimise cost efficiency while satisfying safety and reliability requirements. This is where TÜV SÜD can help.
HOW CAN OUR ESCALATOR AND ELEVATOR SERVICES BENEFIT MANUFACTURERS?
Our expert services give your business assurance of the availability and marketability of your products. We help manufacturers to shorten time to market and develop a trusted and reliable brand. For investors, operators and owners, our services offer substantial cost savings. Other benefits include:
- Ensuring safety and availability - through qualified lifts and escalator inspections using modern inspection technology.
- Minimising risk - with our wide-ranging expertise in directives and standards.
- Extending the performance and lifetime of lifts and escalators - through expert engineering and impartial advisory services.
- Saving money - with optimised solutions for maintenance and modernisation that ensure cost-effective and energy-efficient operations.
HOW CAN OUR ESCALATOR AND ELEVATOR SERVICES BENEFIT OPERATORS?
We work closely with you from the very beginning to ensure that lifts and their components are reliable and safe for passenger use and to avoid damages, lift breakdowns and downtime operations.
WHAT ESCALATOR AND ELEVATOR SERVICES DOES TÜV SÜD OFFER?
TÜV SÜD’s range of services ensures that your technical equipment meets safety and legal requirements and helps to fulfil the availability expectations of stakeholders. Our experts are qualified to provide testing, certification and inspection for lift and escalator in all major markets. Our end-to-end approach helps operators and manufacturers observe all relevant quality standards and order specifications.
Our experts are qualified to provide testing, certification and inspection in all major markets applying accordingly the European Lifts Directive, Machinery Directive, North American ASME safety codes, EN standards and other national standards.
Our services include:
- Our elevator and escalator reviews are carried out by escalator and elevator inspectors according to a variety of standards (e.g. EN 81 series) and technical safety evaluations according to several national safety regulations.
- Our experts prepare reports on the state of repair and conduct compliance inspections against plans and inspections based on maintenance standards.
- In addition to reviewing design drawings, circuit diagrams and strength calculations, we conduct structural analysis and provide work completion verification.
Testing, product certification and system certification
- TÜV SÜD is accredited to offer lift and escalator certification worldwide, and as a Notified Body in all EU member countries.
- Our services include energy efficiency measurements and certification according to VDI 4707, function and proof load testing, EC type-examination tests and certification of model lifts and all safety components, EC design examinations, as well as auditing and certification of QA systems.
- Our experts provide qualified technical statements based on ADIASYSTEM®.
- We offer advisory services in developing risk assessment reports, support with tenders, asset depreciation reports, project management and monitoring, expert witness services, incident investigations, expert reports, traffic studies, progress payment verification and assistance with problematic installations.
- Our experts assist operators with a full scope of maintenance management services, providing technical and commercial support for drafting service level agreements, tendering maintenance portfolios, lifecycle assessment and budget forecasting.
WHY CHOOSE OUR ESCALATOR AND ELEVATOR INSPECTOR SERVICES FOR YOUR COMPANY?
As an internationally established brand, TÜV SÜD can support your operations on a global scale. Leveraging our world-class reputation and expertise demonstrates your commitment to safety and reliability.
Our experts actively participate in the development of European and international standards. This ensures they are deeply familiar with the latest technologies and evolving statutory regulations. We have also developed our own computerised measuring system, ADIASYSTEM®, which provides accurate and reliable results for load substituting measurements.