TÜV SÜD provides customers with all the necessary guidance regarding the design of appropriate structures and processes to set up an energy management system (EnMS).
Implementation of an appropriate energy management system (EnMS) enables owners and operators of plants and buildings to integrate energy management best practices into their respective methods and save significantly on energy consumption.
WHAT IS AN ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?
Energy management systems combine complex software and hardware to help monitor, measure and control a building’s energy consumption.
Depending on the industry sector and the system in question, the introduction of an EnMS may cut the energy consumption of a company by as much as 20%. Achieving an optimised structure and processes to manage energy use can be implemented according to the internationally recognised energy management system - ISO 50001.
WHAT ARE THE KEY DIFFERENT ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS?
ISO 50001 is the first ever global standard in the area of energy management. The processes of the ISO 50001 standards aim at significantly reducing energy consumption in companies, thus saving costs and cutting greenhouse gas emissions and other environmental pollution. The standard is suitable for integration into other management systems including ISO 9001 or ISO 14001.
The central element of the ISO 50001 standard is the continuous improvement of an organisation's energy performance. The standard describes the requirements that organisations must fulfil to establish, implement, maintain and improve an EnMS. The key advantage for organisations is that an EnMS and its impartial monitoring process facilitate the identification of potential areas for energy saving.
The ISO 50003 standard ensures the effectiveness of energy management systems (EnMS) by addressing the auditing process, competence requirements for personnel involved in the certification process for energy management systems, the duration of audits and multi-site sampling.
ISO 50004 provides guidance for an organisation to take a systematic approach to achieve continual improvement in energy management and energy performance, based on the requirements set out in ISO 50001.
It caters for organisations with varying levels of energy management and EnMS experience such as:
- Those with little or no experience in energy management and management system standards.
- Those undertaking energy efficiency projects without much experience in EnMS.
- Those who do have an EnMS in place, but not based on ISO 50001.
- Those who have experience with ISO 50001 and are looking to improve.
ISO 50006 provides practical guidance on how to meet ISO 50001 requirements for the establishment, use and maintenance of energy performance indicators (EnPIs) and energy baselines (EnBs) in measuring energy performance and its changes.
EnPIs and EnBs enable the measurement and management of energy performance, which can help to optimise energy efficiency.
ISO 50015 is meant to standardise the principles and guidelines used for measurement and verification (M&V) of energy performance and energy performance improvement of the organisation. This helps to increase the credibility of the results, which can contribute to energy performance improvement.
WHAT ENERGY MANAGEMENT SERVICES DOES TÜV SÜD OFFER?
TÜV SÜD can help you set up an ISO 50001-compliant energy management system (EnMS) that will enable you to integrate energy management best practices into your current management system and help you dramatically reduce your energy consumption.
- Establish an action plan
- Develop an energy policy
- Apply measurement and surveying methods developed by TÜV SÜD, to ensure continuous monitoring of energy consumption
- Registration management with the certification body and preparation of the necessary documentation at various required stages.
- Awareness training - Ensure that your company is ready for this change and help you understand the multiple benefits that an energy management system can have on your organisation
- Energy auditor training
- Technical energy manager training
- Our experts can provide the following energy management and assessment support: Comprehensive analysis, including identification of the degree of compliance with legal and standard requirements; alignment with existing management systems
- Screening analysis of energy and material flows, capturing and analysis of energy data
- Action plan for EnMS establishment and implementation and for realising potential areas of savings
- Establishing energy management policy, objectives, targets and programmes
- Identification, organisation and documentation of organisational and operational structures in a process map, including existing management systems
- Mapping/modelling of all organisational processes (e.g. production, plant design, energy purchasing, measurement of energy consumption, efficiency assessment, maintenance, energy reporting, employee training)
- Recommendation of methods and tools to measure, capture and record energy consumption data.Implementation of all system components
- Training and internal communication.Preparation and carrying out of internal audits to monitor processes and workflows
- Consulting on the continuous improvement of your energy management system.
*Certification and Knowledge services are offered separately.
WHY CHOOSE TÜV SÜD’S ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM EXPERTS FOR BUSINESS?
- Utilise TÜV SÜD’s experience in energy management to formulate additional energy conservation measures.
- Monitor use of energy using proven measurements and surveying methods developed by TÜV SÜD and backed by TÜV SÜD’s expertise in the field.