Our TÜV SÜD experts can produce an energy audit of your building’s energy use and identify opportunities for power conservation. This energy assessment is then consequently utilised to establish a personalised energy management program, thereby helping your business to save significantly.
Energy efficiency is increasingly turning into a determining factor in buildings. With steadily improving green technology, there has never been a better time than now to invest in energy efficient processes.
WHAT IS AN ENERGY AUDIT?
From opting to use more resource-efficient models of construction, renovation and demolition to considering alternative insulation, heating, water, waste and gas reduction options, there is a variety of energy efficient methods available for forward-thinking companies. An energy audit helps companies to improve their energy performance by making them more aware of their energy efficiency and consumption.
To establish a process of continuous improvement in energy efficiency, companies either need to implement an energy management system in accordance with the ISO 50001 standard or carry out an energy assessment at regular intervals in accordance with the EN 16247 respectively ISO 50002 standard. Although this process can be complex, TÜV SÜD’s commercial energy audit advisors are on hand to offer guidance and highlight key areas where you could save on excessive energy consumption.
Due to both direct and indirect environmental impacts that buildings have on their surroundings, green building standards, certifications and rating systems have been established to keep a harmonic balance between business and the environment. These certifications consider factors such as:
- Water efficiency
- Energy use
- Air and water emissions from manufacturing, disposal and use
- Water, energy or chemical emissions that directly impact Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ)
- Technical, economic and environmental quality
- Material and site aspects
- Energy efficiency assessments can optimise your business by highlighting the best green options available to help yow save energy and money.
HOW CAN A COMMERCIAL ENERGY AUDIT BENEFIT YOUR BUSINESS?
Buildings account for nearly 40 percent of total energy usage worldwide and up to 38 percent of global CO2 emissions. Green buildings use 30 percent less energy than conventional buildings and research indicates that every US$1 invested into energy efficiency avoids more than US$2 in energy supply costs. In order to remain competitive, it is crucial to identify technologies, tools and systems that your buildings can leverage to drive down energy costs and realize these savings. Other commercial energy audit benefits include:
- Save on energy costs - and strengthen your competitiveness.
- Make your processes more transparent - and ensure continuous improvement.
- Raise energy awareness - among your employees.
- Lay the technical foundation - for establishing an energy management system later on.
- Gain a reliable partner - with an excellent international reputation.
WHAT ENERGY AUDIT SERVICES DOES TÜV SÜD OFFER?
Our energy assessment experts support you in performing energy audits in accordance with the EN 16247 or ISO 50002 standards to create transparency and tap into opportunities for energy saving. TÜV SÜD has extensive experience in practice and can support you throughout the world.
Our services include:
- Preliminary contact to agree on the site, scope and the required resources
- Start-up meetings to brief all parties involved about the process, schedule and methodology
- Measurement plans
- Site visits
- Performance of additional measurements
- Collection of data to determine the total energy consumption, the energy consumption of relevant consumers and energy performance indicators
- Analysis of the existing energy performance situation
- Development of possible energy-saving actions (e.g., by reducing and recovering energy losses, promoting energy awareness, changing behaviors)
- Preparation of an energy audit report; final meeting
- In-depth advisory on energy performance and energy efficiency, including advisory of an expert team on detailed issues concerning the technical and economic feasibility and the break-even point of the actions taken
WHY CHOOSE OUR ENERGY ASSESSMENT SERVICES FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
TÜV SÜD has a strong reputation for independence, which ensures impartial assessments of all relevant structural, technical and organisational aspects of your building. Our holistic approach to commercial energy audits means that we add value to your business during every stage of the building lifecycle, from design and construction through to operation and maintenance.
Our interdisciplinary team consists of electrical, construction and plant engineering experts with decades of combined experience working on significant global projects. With the ever-changing national and international standards for green buildings, building designers, developers, operators and facility management companies would need to stay up to date and comply to these standards.Our experts also have in-depth familiarity with all relevant international regulatory requirements regarding energy. They are regularly called upon to advise local authorities, energy suppliers and project designers across the globe on investment decisions to improve energy efficiency and reduce emissions.