What is mechanical testing for rail?
Moving people and goods to where they need to go puts the rail industry at the heart of the global economy. Its viability hinges on four critical factors: reliability, availability, maintainability and safety.
Whether you’re a manufacturer, operator or rail authority, TÜV SÜD’s services ensure that you fulfill each of these criteria. We provide a complete end-to-end portfolio of consulting, engineering, testing, certification and training services for conventional and high speed as well as metro and light rail.
The various rail technologies and subsystems in use today include technologies in infrastructure, rolling stock and signalling. Beyond making certain that each of these subsystems functions correctly, it is very important to ensure that they are all compatible and operate alongside each other in a safe and reliable manner. Central to this is understanding how different subsystems can affect one another when linked together as a complete system.
We provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to ensure that your various systems function safely and reliably, both on their own and in conjunction with each other. TÜV SÜD is recognised as a railway safety assessor by many railway authorities and national safety authorities. Our team of 300 multidisciplinary rail experts understands the complex interlinking of rail tasks.
TÜV SÜD Malaysia services
Engineering support and assessment
- Safety of the interaction between various subsystems (interface analysis)
Approval management for
- Electrical & mechanical (E&M) systems
- Rolling stock
Independent safety assessment
- Compile information regarding the safety of new railway equipment to determine if the new system is fit for purpose and in accordance with national safety regulations
- Identify and highlight any areas that need to be addressed in order to achieve full compliance with the stipulated requirements
Your benefits at a glance
- Save money – by working with a single partner for all your complete railway and metro needs, and obtaining one assessment report for the complete system.
- Save time – through our experience from various infrastructure projects, ensuring you avoid costly and time-consuming rework of requirements and specifications.
- Minimise risk – of issues linked to safety and reliability by addressing them as early as possible, avoiding time-consuming delays and rework at a later stage.