WHAT IS ASSET INTEGRITY MANAGEMENT (AIM)?
Asset integrity management (AIM) ensures that the right processes, procedures and tools are in place to ensure that your plant assets function safely, effectively and efficiently at every stage of its lifecycle.
WHY IS HAVING AN ASSET INTEGRITY MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME IMPORTANT?
A plant integrity programme ensures that all aspects of operations essential to safety and integrity are properly designed, constructed, tested, operated, inspected and maintained in a sustainable, holistic and systematic way. This ensures service and performance integrity without compromising health, safety and the environment.
TÜV SÜD HELPS TO ENSURE THAT YOUR PLANT RUNS SAFELY AND RELIABLY
TÜV SÜD’s Asset Integrity Investigation and Improvement Audit (AIIIA) is a straightforward methodology to assess the actual status with respect to structural integrity issues. It addresses technical, managerial, organisational and practical topics across the entire organisation and aids acceptance by international insurance companies.
WHAT DOES ASSET INTEGRITY MANAGEMENT INVOLVE?
Asset integrity management consists of 3 phases. In the analysis phase, we investigate existing asset management processes, procedures and tools in the mid-term service period. In the improvement phase, we assist in implementing optimised procedures as based on our recommendations in phase 1. In the stabilisation phase, we support you with performance management of these activities.
PHASE 1: ASSET INTEGRITY INVESTIGATION AND IMPROVEMENT AUDIT (AIIIA)
- Assessment of equipment – specific procedures
- Detailed assessment of critical items
- Inspection and maintenance procedures
- Operating procedures
- Spare parts and procurement
- Training and qualification
- Update of mechanical integrity framework
- Final reporting including gap analysis, benchmark and action list
PHASE 2: IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMMES
- Management process optimisation
- Risk-based inspection programmes
- Fitness for service procedures
- Process hazard analysis
PHASE 3: PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT
- Implementation of reasonable KPIs
- Performance checks
- Regular audits and certification