Your passport to Europe
If you’re looking to trade in the EU, you’ll need CE Marking. It’s a mandatory conformity mark for products that fall within the scope of a European Directive and are intended for sale in the European Market.
CE Marking proves your products comply with stringent EU product safety directives. Its rules are the same whether you reside in or outside the EU.
The Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC governs machinery safety in Europe. It applies to any type of machinery, including moving machines and machine installations. Plus machines for lifting and transporting people, as well as safety components.
Our services at a glance
- The Machinery Directive requires a hazard analysis / risk assessment to be completed for all products falling under its scope, as outlined in the European Norm standard EN ISO 12100
- TÜV SÜD can conduct testing for all Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Electrical Safety, and a Hazard Analysis to ensure your product meets all requirements of the Machinery Directive. With TÜV SÜD's assurance, you can be at ease in applying the CE marking, knowing that your product has been tested correctly and meets all essential requirements. The CE marking must be applied to all products sold in the European Union to demonstrate the product is safe and meets the essential requirements of all applicable directives, such as Machinery Directive, ATEX Directive and EMC Directive
- EC prototype testing according to Annex I and certain machines in Annex IV of Machinery Directive
- Certification of quality assurance systems according to Annex X of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Machinery evaluation during development
- Practice-oriented training for the following topics:
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Validation of functional safety according to DIN EN ISO 13849-1
- Risk assessment according to EN ISO 12100
- Assistance in creating the following documents
- Safety concept for your machine according to DIN EN ISO 13849-1
- Risk assessment for your machine
- Complete documentation for your machine