12 - 13 May 2020 (2 days) - Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Introduction Training
22 Jun 2020 (1 day) - Hazard Identification (HAZID) Training
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) study is a structured, logical methodology for hazard identification and mitigation which was first used in 1960s by ICI UK. This methodology allows its user to identify all potential undesirable hazardous events and operational problems associated with the operation and activities in process facilities such as chemical plants, LNG plant, refinery, offshore platform and Floating Production Storage and Offloading vessels. HAZOP study is performed by a multi-disciplinary team, who reviews the technical documents about the facility and follows the HAZOP methodology to identify potential undesirable hazardous events and/or operational problems that could occur during normal operations.
The objectives of HAZOP are:
- Using the HAZOP guidewords, identify cause of deviations from normal operating conditions for a process system in a systematic manner;
- Evaluate the consequence of any incident/accident to personnel safety, environmental pollution and damage to asset;
- Evaluate the adequacy of the existing safeguards and control measures with respect to safety and operations to prevent or mitigate the consequences of hazards; and
- Identify and recommend further control measures / safeguards to reduce the risk to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP).
Duration: 2 days
Request for quotation
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN FROM THE COURSE?
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Understanding the HAZOP process steps and HAZOP Rules;
2. Identifying HAZOP Nodes from the Piping and Instrumentation Diagram;
3. Applying HAZOP Guidewords to identify cause of deviation from normal operating conditions for the identified nodes;
4. Determining the consequences of the deviation and identifying safeguards/control measures for the consequences;
5. Recording of HAZOP discussions in HAZOP Worksheets;
6. Preparing standard HAZOP report with the required supporting documents.
Topics to be covered in this course include:
- Introduction by Facilitator on HAZOP
- Objectives of HAZOP In Process Safety
- Application of HAZOP at Different Phases of Process Plant
- Advantage and Disadvantages of HAZOP
- Use of HAZOP Guidewords to Identify Process Deviation
- Common Causes of Deviations for Different Guidewords
- Determine Consequences of Process Deviation
- Impact on personnel safety, environment and asset damage
- Safeguards: Prevention, Control and Mitigation Measures
WHAT IS THE COURSE METHODOLOGY?
Participants will learn through lectures, case studies, group exercises and discussions.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE COURSE?
This course is specially designed for:
- Process Safety Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Instrumentation Engineer
- Safety Officer
- Operation Manager
- Maintenance Engineer,
- Engineering Manager.
Participants MUST have a good understanding of chemical engineering and safety in chemical, oil & gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and manufacturing industries
WHO IS THE COURSE ADVISOR?
The course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD.
With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts at TÜV SÜD, developed the course content based on current business landscape and market requirements.
Request for quotation