ABOUT THE COURSE
The Aviation, Space and Defense (ASD) businesses have been registering significant growth and the global trend is expected to be positive in the future. The critical nature of these businesses calls for high consciousness of quality in its several aspects that make significant improvements in quality and reductions in cost throughout the value stream.
The National and International ASD companies demand that every link in the supply chain should mandatorily implement the requirements of the Standard and be certified by a third party Certification Body to maintain a uniformed structure of Quality System to meet everyone’s requirements across the Globe.
This course provides an understanding of the concepts of the new revision of AS 9100:2016 Rev. D and AS 9120:2016 Rev. B standards for the Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations and Distributors, and the principles and practices of auditing Aerospace management systems based on AS 9101 Rev. F. accordingly. The clauses of the standards will be explained in detail and participants will be guided through the audit process.
Duration: 3 - day course
Request for quotation
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN FROM THE COURSE?
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:Fully understand and successfully interpret the AS 9100 and AS 9120 requirements
- Gain knowledge to manage a successful AS 9100 and AS 9120 implementation project
- Audit against the AS 9101 audit requirements
- Audit planning and audit tool preparation
- Identify and document nonconformities
- Prepare audit reports
Topics to be covered in this course include:
- Brief History of ISO 9001 & AS 9100
- Terms and Definitions- ISO 9000 & AS 9100
- Management Principles
- AS 9100 Rev. D – clause wise interpretation
- Differences between AS 9100 Rev. D and AS 9100 Rev. C
- AS 9120 Rev. B Overview
- AS 9120 Rev. B Road Map
- Focus Areas
- Process Approach and Risk Based Thinking to AS 9120 Rev. B Implementation
- AS 9120 Rev. B Requirements
- Audit Scope
- Audit Terms & Definition
- Types of Audit
- Audit Process
- Non-conformity Report
- Audit Report
WHAT IS THE COURSE METHODOLOGY?
Participants will learn through lectures, case studies, group exercises and discussions.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE COURSE?
This course is specially designed for:
- Those responsible for implementing and auditing against AS 9100 and AS 9120 standards
- Quality Assurance Managers, Quality Assurance professionals, Project Managers and Project Team Members in the Aviation, Space and Defense Industry.
- Prerequisite: None
WHO IS THE COURSE ADVISOR?
The course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD.
With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts at TÜV SÜD, developed the course content based on current business landscape and market requirements.
Request for quotation