WHAT IS THE WEEE II DIRECTIVE?
WEEE II certification proves that a company is compliant with the EU’s Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE II and WEEE II II) regulations. The WEEE II directive regulates how products are managed at the end of their lifecycle and encourages recycling and reuse in accordance with EU Directive 2012/19/EC.
Manufacturers are required to establish processes and systems to ensure the safe and effective collection and recovery of most electrical and electronic waste. The legislation covers everything from household appliances, to IT equipment and medical devices.
WHY IS WEEE II CERTIFICATION IMPORTANT?
There are many benefits to ensuring a product is WEEE II certified, while the consequences of non-compliance can be damaging:
WEEE II certification is mandatory for a wide range of electronic appliances
- Non-compliance could result in your products being barred from the European market
- Enhances a brand’s reputation as environmentally responsible
- Avoids pollution of the natural environment and resultant fines
TÜV SÜD MALAYSIA IS YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR WEEE II CERTIFICATION
As an internationally renowned testing and certification provider, TÜV SÜD has strong working relationships with regulators and national certification bodies in the EU. We offer a single-source solution for manufacturers seeking European market access, assisting clients to achieve compliance with various European regulations and directives, including WEEE II and WEEE II II.
TÜV SÜD’s experts are well versed in the latest compliance and regulatory requirements for European market access. In addition, we save you time and money through our bundle testing and the various services we offer for European market access.
TÜV SÜD SERVICES PROVIDE A SMOOTH PROCESS FOR WEEE II COMPLIANCE
We are a single source of expertise in achieving the necessary compliance for products for European market access.
- Material/composition determination – TÜV SÜD assists producers in establishing the material/composition declaration of EEE products through a database comprising the listed product components together with their weights and component materials, as required for producer registration.
- WEEE II compliance and registration requirements evaluation – our experts evaluate products to verify whether they fall under the remit of WEEE II. After checking the manufacturer specifications, data and documentation, and material components, we also assist in constructing a bill of materials component list.
- Registration assistance – manufacturers and importers of EEE goods need to register in every member state of the EU where products are intended for sale. TÜV SÜD assists clients to register as a WEEE II producer with an approved producer compliance scheme in all relevant EU states.