WHAT IS ENERGY STAR CERTIFICATION?
The ENERGY STAR initiative is a voluntary testing and labelling program jointly operated by the United States’ Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Energy. ENERGY STAR encourages manufacturers of a wide range of technologies and electrical appliances to take energy efficiency into account when designing their products.
An independent ENERGY STAR testing lab can certify your product as energy efficient in line with the initiative.
THE BENEFITS OF THE ENERGY STAR MARK
While ENERGY STAR is not mandatory, it offers several clear benefits:
- Provide consumers with an energy-efficient product, which saves them money
- Enhance your reputation as a brand that is concerned about the environment
- Limit the risk of reputational damage
- Develop a commercial edge
TÜV SÜD IS A CERTIFIED ENERGY STAR TESTING LAB
TÜV SÜD is a recognised testing laboratory and certification body for a comprehensive range of product categories under the ENERGY STAR programme. Our global Energy Efficiency Centres of Excellence are equipped to test and certify consumer products to worldwide energy efficiency requirements and standards.
TÜV SÜD’s technical professionals are actively involved in international advisory boards and standards development activities, ensuring the most up-to-date knowledge of current and changing requirements, such as the ENERGY STAR program requirements for computers.
TÜV SÜD’S ENERGY STAR SERVICES MAKE IT EASY TO BECOME CERTIFIED
Our qualified engineers take you through the process of ENERGY STAR certification:
- Testing – TÜV SÜD is an EPA-recognised testing laboratory and certification body for ENERGY STAR recognition for all categories of consumer products
- Documentation – We can review the content of your product documentation and advise of any changes necessary to ensure compliance with ENERGY STAR standards
- Regulations – TÜV SÜD technical experts keep up to date on energy efficiency requirements, regulations, standards and programmes worldwide
- Other requirements – We can offer support in complying with ENERGY STAR standards in conjunction with other energy efficiency regulations and standards.