WHAT IS THE ROHS 2 DIRECTIVE?
The EU RoHS 2 directive was introduced in 2013 and restricts the use of certain hazardous substances in electronic equipment. RoHS 2 extended the original RoHS 2002/95/EC regulations, which were introduced in 2002, and introduced five key changes:
- Expanded the scope of products
- Technical documentation, Declaration of Conformity (DoC) and RoHS CE marking are now mandatory
- Manufacturers are also responsible for their supply chain and how they use restricted chemicals
- New restricted substances have been included in the list
- New exemptions lists have been added
RoHS compliance testing is essential for companies who wish to sell electronic equipment in the EU market, therefore an independentpartner can ensure your products are compliant with the legislation.
WHY IS ROHS COMPLIANCE TESTING IMPORTANT?
Becoming RoHS compliant is essential if you wish to sell any kind of electronic products on the EU and European Economic Area (EEA) market:
- An RoHS CE mark is a mandatory requirement – it is illegal to sell your product in the EU without this mark
- An RoHS CE mark gives consumers and regulators confidence that your product is safe - testing helps you discover problems and avoid fines and expensive product recalls
TÜV SÜD OFFERS A RAPID, TRANSPARENT ROHS COMPLIANCE TESTING PROCESS
TÜV SÜD is one of the largest providers of RoHS compliance testing and certification services, with a strong reputation for independence and impartiality. We have extensive experience in certification of electrical safety for electrical equipment, with several world-class testing laboratories.
Our scope of testing and compliance is widely known and our certification marks for product tests and certification are instantly recognised and trusted by the authorities. With an international network of laboratories and multidisciplinary experts, we offer a personalised one-stop solution designed to assist you with the complex processes of RoHS CE compliance.
Our experts have extensive knowledge and experience and are fully versed in every aspect of the regulations. Our efficient RoHS compliance testing supports you to confidently take your product to market fast.
TÜV SÜD’S COMPLETE ROHS COMPLIANCE TESTING SERVICE
TÜV SÜD provides RoHS compliance testing services according to the relevant standards to determine the content of hazardous substances in materials. Our testing covers materials, components, parts and finished products:
- Guidance on regulation – we advise you on the relevant regulations to your product and necessary steps to compliance
- CE mark – we provide all guidance on how to apply the CE mark to your product
- Testing and auditing – we conduct a wide range of tests to identify hazardous substances in your product and your supply chain