Battery testing for safety, performance and durability are highly valued today as batteries become more common in everyday use.
Batteries are being used in a growing range of applications such as transportation, renewable energy, grid storage, grid balancing, backup applications and uninterruptible power supplies (UPS). The safety and reliability of electric cars, rail and marine applications and aerospace transportation depends on the quality of its batteries. Battery safety and reliability is also a key concern for the renewable energy industry, which utilizes a wide selection of technologies for solar energy storage and other uses.
BATTERY TESTING SERVICES
Click here to read more on our battery laboratory capabilities
- Battery lifecycle testing - Verify how long a battery lasts and demonstrate the quality of the product to customers. Our tests include cycle life testing, battery environmental cycle testing and battery calendar life testing.
- Battery abuse testing - Simulate extreme environmental conditions and scenarios to test your battery beyond its limits. Find out more.
- Battery performance testing - Demonstrate the efficiency of batteries. Our experts can customize testing programs to suit specific customer requirements such as performance testing under various climatic conditions.
- Battery environmental testing/ Battery durability testing - Demonstrate the quality and reliability of your battery. Our tests include vibration, shock, EMC, thermal cycling, corrosion, dust, salt and humidity tests.
- Battery transport testing - Ensure your batteries can be transported safely. We conduct tests for the United Nations requirements (UN 38.3) for the safe transportation of lithium batteries.
- Dynamic impact test for electric vehicle batteries - Develop safer batteries through comprehensive impact tests that model the actual conditions of a crash that may cause major deformation of the battery.
GLOBAL BATTERY TESTING STANDARDS
Our battery testing services are provided at all levels, with tests that cover investigations such as electrical, chemical, corrosive, mechanical and abuse. The standards that we test to include, but are not limited to:
- IEC 62660-1/2
- IEC 62133
- ISO 12405-1/2
- SAE J2464
- SAND 2005-3123
- SBA S1101
- UN 38.3
WHY TÜV SÜD MALAYSIA?
TÜV SÜD is the trusted battery testing expert. Our holistic approach and commitment to safety will optimise the reliability of battery and other energy storage devices products. We are known as a neutral and independent third-party technical service provider, with a focus on delivering value to stakeholders rather than shareholders.
Through our expanding network of laboratories throughout North America, Germany, China, Korea and Singapore, our battery testing services are ready to serve the needs of customers. This global testing network provides the full range of testing services and validation planning. Out interdisciplinary expertise will add value to your product development and you can also rely on our global network of experts for international market access and in-country experience.
- Stay ahead of developments – with experts who are at the forefront of the rechargeable battery industry.
- Benefit from a single-source provider – for testing and certification, extending through the entire value chain from component to final product.
- Gain customer confidence – by leveraging on TÜV SÜD’s reputation as the preferred third-party testing partner.
- Save time and money – with reliable tests that reduce warranty claims, time to market and R&D activities.
- Enhance credibility - by working with a premium quality provider