Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP) is the world’s largest factory-based certification programme for manufacturers of clothing, footwear and other sewn products. The WRAP programme certifies facilities for compliance with the 12 WRAP Principles which assure safe, legal and ethical manufacturing processes. A WRAP certification audit will inspect your entire production process to ensure you are compliant with the WRAP Principles and provides your customers assurance that your goods are ethically produced.
The 12 WRAP Principles consist of:
1. Compliance with laws and workplace regulations
2. Prohibition of forced labour
3. Prohibition of child labour
4. Prohibition of harassment or abuse
5. Compensation and benefits as required by law
6. Hours of work as limited by law
7. Prohibition of discrimination
8. Health and safety
9. Freedom of association and collective bargaining
11. Customs compliance
An independent, third-party WRAP certification audit offers multiple benefits to your brand:
- Ensures apparel, footwear and other sewn-goods workers are treated fairly and humanely
- Improves your brand’s reputation among consumers as a fair employer
- Reduces health and safety hazards in the workplace, as well as industrial action
- Improves employee engagement and boosts productivity
- Avoids expensive litigation and reputational damage if one of your factories is found to be breaking relevant laws
TÜV SÜD is accredited to conduct WRAP audits in India, China, Vietnam and Bangladesh. In addition, we have a global network of specialists who provide multidisciplinary expertise on a wide range of auditing and certification services in key markets. As part of our commitment to unparalleled service quality, our inspectors and auditors are required to adhere to our strict Code of Conduct. This ensures the expert opinions they provide are professional, independent and impartial.
We serve as a one-stop service provider for companies requiring auditing and certification against social compliance programmes and we can integrate WRAP certification audits with assessments for management systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, SA8000®, ETI, BSCI and CoC.
TÜV SÜD offers formal auditing as a third-party monitoring company, as well as providing advice and guidance to help your company conduct self-assessment. WRAP consists of a three-level programme, which awards certification to facilities in accordance to the degree of compliance with the 12 WRAP Principles. We support you throughout your journey to WRAP certification:
- Platinum (Valid for 2 years): Facilities demonstrate full compliance for three consecutive certification audits
- Gold (Valid for 1 year): Facilities demonstrate full compliance with WRAP’s 12 Principles.
- Silver (Valid for 6 months): Facilities demonstrate substantial compliance with minor issues.