Below are some of the partners whom we cooperate closely with to share expertise on the topic of embedded systems. We also participate in industry discussion groups and research projects to gain new knowledge.
Embedded Systems Initiative
The ESI-Anwendungszentrum or Embedded Systems Initiative Application Centre combines competence from the largest German Fraunhofer Institute: Fraunhofer IIS as well as the know-how from 15 departments at the Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg (FAU). The combination of research expertise from the university coupled with the experience in application from the Fraunhofer IIS aim to create synergies that can meet the needs of the future development of embedded systems comprehensively.
The offer comprises:
- Consultancy and feasibility studies
- System development
- Licencing of software and know-how
- Evaluation of systems
- Allocation of prototypes
- Transfer to production
- Consolidation of partners and committees
VARIES (Variability in Safety-Critical Embedded Systems)
VARIES is an industry driven research project in the ARTEMIS programme on the topic of variability in safety-critical embedded systems. Embedded systems (ES) are rarely entirely conceived from scratch. Companies developing ES constantly face decisions on whether to use and adapt existing products and/or product assets, or develop new assets. Determining the long term risk and benefits of such decisions is very challenging. VARIES addresses the following question: How can the benefits offered by introducing variability into ES outweigh the increased product complexity?
VARIES’ objectives are:
- To help companies make informed decisions on variability use in safety-critical ES;
- To provide effective variability architectures and approaches for safety-critical ES; and
- To offer consistent, integrated and continuous variability management over the entire product life cycle.
Ludwig Bölkow Systemtechnik
Ludwig-Bölkow-Systemtechnik GmbH (LBST) provides technical and strategic analysis in energy, transport and sustainability since 25 years. They support you in strategy development, concept design or product development:
- Energy storage in electricity networks
- Option to integrate fluctuating renewable energy
- Scenarios for e-Mobility and prospective energy supply
- Design and monitoring of your research, pilot and demonstration plans
- Designs for regional energy and climate protection
- Availability analysis of fossil and renewable energy
- Sustainability assessment of energy sources, energy systems and products
OFFIS-Institute for Information Technologies
OFFIS-Institute for Information Technologies is an international and application-oriented IKT research and development institute since 20 years. OFFIS is an institute of the University of Oldenburg and is structured in three areas: energy, health and transport. One of the main responsibilities of the institute is the transfer of technological know-how from research into solution for economic problems. With approximately 290 employees, OFFIS supplies research and prototypical development work at the highest international level.
Fraunhofer Institute for Communication Systems ESK
Fraunhofer ESK has expertise in many areas of ICT ranging from transmission technologies, protocols, systems and intelligent applications. Their areas of expertise in adaptive communication systems, software methodology and mobile solutions have been applied in automotive, industrial communication and communication fields.
Fraunhofer Research Institution for Applied and Integrated Security AISEC
Fraunhofer AISEC is one of the leading international institutes in the area of IT security. Their areas of expertise include automotive, smart grid, cloud and network security. One of their strongest specialisation is embedded systems security offering the following services:
- Bypass channel analysis and failure attacks on embedded systems as well as development of countermeasures
- Efficient techniques to detect and tolerate failures in digital connections
- Advanced concepts of virtualization regarding embedded components
- Trustfully cores of operation systems regarding embedded systems
- Specific security modules regarding embedded systems on basis of Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs)
secXTREME Information Security
secXtreme GmbH is an independent consulting firm in the field of information security. The operations of secXtreme are not limited to IT systems. Fax and telephone communication, access control and constructional security as well as the employees’ business activities are included in analysis given their significance on information security.
The operations of secXtreme comprise:
- Protection: mobile security, firewalls, VPN, authentication, concepts
- Detection: IDS/IPS, honeypots, netflow
- Reaction: CERT, network and computer forensic organisation
- Audits and penetration tests: applications, internet, intranet
- Proprietary solutions: high-level security tests, hardenings, special software-solutions
- Trainings and workshops: application security, hacking
Bavarian Information and Communication Technology Cluster
BICCnet, the Bavarian Information and Communication cluster, deals with growing assurance of information and communication technologies in Bavaria. As an official cluster office, BICCnet is initiated from the Bavarian State Ministry of Economic Affairs, Transport and Technology. One of the main cluster topics is embedded systems.
The focus areas of BICCnet are:
- Development and selection of research and development collaborations
- Extension and maintenance of networks of contacts, integration of regional initiatives
- Establishment of events with relevant and current topics
- Stimulation of comprehensive research and teaching in the area of information and communication
Zurich University of Applied Sciences - InES Institute of Embedded Systems
The InES, a R&D institute of the School of Engineering, is primarily occupied with networked embedded systems in the automation industry. As a research and development institute, InES aims to cover all areas of networked embedded systems and harness them for the industry in the medium term. InES supports its partners and customers in accessing innovative technologies as well as the newest trends in the market. It focuses on the following technology domains:
- Industrial communication – Real-Time Ethernet and field-bus systems
- Precise time synchronisation
- Wireless communication such as Bluetooth, RFID and Zigbee
- Distributed automation
- Formal engineering methods for embedded system design
- Process interfacing, visualisation and registration
Despite careful control of the content we assume no liability for the content of external links. Operators mentioned in the links above are responsible for the content of their external links exclusively.